So… gotta come up with an idea. Here’s an idea I’m pitching to my team, since the best they’ve come up with is modelling a car in Halo.
Transmundane: A Transmedia Story
- A blog site with video of the first post with the main character
- A comic site with the introduction arc of ten pages
- A site talking about the Transmundane project
The Production Package
- Full plot point summaries of both the comic and the video blog
- Timing of when each should go into production
- Contingency plans for if things go wrong schedule-wise
- The site instructions for each of the three sites
The Video Blog Package
- Full character profile of the main character
- Profiles of non-appearing minor characters
- Outlines of the first twenty episodes
- Full overarching plot summary, complete with major plot points
- Setting requirements and restrictions
- Blog-specific requirements
The Comic Package
- Full character profiles of all major characters and several minor
- Multiple setting descriptions for various mindscapes and the collective subconscious
- Full plotline
- Corallites for various instances of thing happening to be implemented at Production’s word
- Site requirements
The Video Blog Characters
Brooke Hudson is a lovely young woman who has decided to keep up a blog for the new year as a manageable resolution. Shy, uncertain, she only recently realized that blogger existed and a friend is showing her how to post videos. Graduating from high school this year, she is starting to notice things wrong with her, like random blackouts where she can’t remember and that she can’t recall her dreams anymore. She doesn’t think much of this, rather concerned with midterms, finals and provincials instead.
She is growing up and does not want to be associated with childish things, and so does not watch or read anything geeky or that might be considered as such.
The Comic Characters
- New player in the game and only a part time player, which is a bit of a pain
- Resourceful, though only really lucid within her own scape
- Discovering the limitless expanses of the subconscious and the railways of the collective
- Believes what she is told
- Still sensitive to reality
- Been there the longest and has become something of a leader
- Patient and kind, though does what’s necessary
- Knows many of the tricks and trains in the ways of protecting the subconscious
- Redheaded peppy and impulsive girl who isn’t that new, but has been the newest for a while
- Strong arms her way into things
- Slightly paranoid of everything when she isn’t being peppy
- Open to the intro of her talking about her goal to blog for a year, talk about how she’s new, just a quick intro, and how she thought it was cool seeing other people so she wanted to do it too
- End of month one, Brooke comes to the realization that she can’t dream anymore and has an odd meandering rant about it
- She had a good valentine’s day because she’s in a relationship and her boyfriend is so romantic, but not in the cheesy way, etc, etc.
- Three weeks after the dreams rant, she talks about the original post she was going to make, but she zoned out for the camera for a good half hour. Says she must be tired from provincials.
- Late March, at the end of a post if anyone’s ever been terrified from a nightmare and not been able to remember what’s got them so scared that they can’t get back to sleep
- May she notices one of the crueller girls at school has become quite a bit nicer than usual
- August she notices that she’s blacking out more and more. Late in the month she starts having trouble with her boyfriend. This is a bad start to the new school year in college where she was accepted.
- September, mid. Her boyfriend dumps her for another girl at his own school and she takes a bit of time off before telling her audience. She decides that this will be a fresh start, though is clearly upset.
- Tries to immerse herself in her homework, life and trying to find a part time job during the school year, though it’s getting very hard for her to concentrate. And she’s starting to think something’s wrong in her head, though never says so.
- She is hired in November for the Christmas rush and she works hard to try and balance everything.
- Last post of the year, she’s excited about going to a new years party after all the exams and Christmas. Maybe she’ll meet someone new.
- Brooke is discovered and introduced to the world, how it works and what they do and why, even coming with them to help out in some of the trouble they get into. Character development, world building and forming a bit of formula as well as introducing the bad guys.
- Late March, she gets cocky and gets in way over her head. Reportedly, she’s lucky that she can snap back to reality and learns that there is fatality in this universe. Sage reveals that he has a false hand/arm.
- April, she wanders on her own and talks to one of the bad guys, learning their motivation and discovering that they’re altering scapes and trying to help. She switches sides, acting peaceably and independently, thoroughly manipulated.
- Late July she fixes her boyfriend’s scape. A little while after she confronts the bad guys and they don’t believe that she can escape here. Sage comes out of nowhere and talks to her, straightening out what happened. She switches back sides.
- Embarrassed, she learns that the others have all done something like that before, but they never really understood like she did the ramifications. They switched back because the other side had a lot of backstabbing.
- It becomes clear that the bad guys are planning something, but no one’s really sure what. They just retreat too easily and Brooke is left behind which she feels good and bad about. Good because she can feel that she doesn’t have much time to spend here right now and bad because she feels the need to prove herself to the rest of them still.
- New years eve she gets pulled into the verse for the final battle already underway on the collective which is going a little funny in areas where the population is drunk and the rules aren’t working right. There’s a big thing at the end, scene ends and the first season ends.